- CARAVANING & CAMPING, SELF CATERING
Bukungula Lodge is set in a remote Xhosa village located in Nqileni, Xhora Mouth, and run by the local community. This laid-back lodge has a variety of accommodation options such as traditional Xhosa huts, luxury Safari Tents and camping.
There is a communal kitchen and lounge area where guest can make them self feel at home, or if you don’t feel like cooking on your holiday why not pre-book your meals at the lodge. Bulungula Loge is a Eco Friendly lodge, so it is only natural that the communal bathrooms make use of solar powered showers and have compost toilets. Other amenities also include a restaurant and bar.
Guests can partake in a number of community activities such as visiting a sangoma, fishing with the locals, canoeing, horse riding, beer brewing and maize stamping and they encourage you to explore the forest and find the secret bath beneath a canopy of milk wood trees.
- Accommodate up to 40 guests
- Fully Equipped Communal Kitchen
- Communal Bathrooms
- Bar and Restaurant on Site
- Fair Trade and Eco-Friendly Lodge
- Direct Beach Access
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Free Wi-Wi
- Pet Friendly
- Entertainment Area
- Children’s Play Area
- Onsite Security
- Solar Power
- Starting from R130.00 per person, per night (Dorm rooms), 4 to 6 single beds.
- Starting from R420.00 per room per night (Triple room) 3 single beds.
- Starting from R330.00 per room per night (Double/twin/single room) 1 double bed or 2 single beds.
- Starting from R300.00 per tent per night (Luxury Safari Tent) twin beds or a double bed with bedding.
- Starting from R70.00 per person per night (Camping) 3-man tents or smaller only. Unfortunately, no 4x4 self-catering campers allowed.
Getting to the lodge can be quite an adventure and a shuttle runs from Mthatha to the lodge four times a week. Make sure you book these shuttles beforehand.
Fully caters for 3 meals a day at very reasonable prices: With excellent meat and veggie options every day.
All Bedding is provided except for Camping.